EMF Exposures From Nintendo Switch
- Wireless Radiation from Joy-Con controllers only when controllers are disconnected from the Nintendo Switch console (handheld).
- Wireless Radiation when using a Wi-Fi connection on the Nintendo Switch console.
- EMFs from AC Power adapter (AC Electric fields and Dirty Electricity)
Want to learn more about reducing your exposure from other wireless devices? Click Here.
Step 1: Keep Joy-Cons Attached Or Use Wired Nintendo Switch Controllers.
Disconnecting the Joy-Cons turns on the wireless signal in the Joy-Cons and console. Keeping the Joy-Cons on the console does not activate the wireless signal for the controllers. This works great if you prefer to use the Nintendo Switch as a handheld. If using the Nintendo Switch in the dock use a wired Nintendo Switch controller (they come with 10ft cables).
Step 2: Use Nintendo Switch With An Ethernet Adapter
With the Nintendo switch in the dock insert the Nintendo ethernet adapter to the Nintendo switch with an ethernet connected to your router or network switch.
When using the Nintendo Switch and a handheld console the key to get a USB-C Ethernet adapter with Power Delivery to allow for charging your Switch while using a hardwired connection.
- Power Delivery: Allows charging of console while playing.
- Ethernet: Allows hardwired ethernet connection to Nintendo Switch Console.
- 2 USB Ports: Allows Get a device with with two additional USB ports if you want to connect two additional Nintendo Switch wired controllers for multiplayer without dock.
- HDMI: Used to connect Nintendo Switch to TV.
- Click here for examples such devices
USB-C Hub can be plugged in directly to the Switch console (handheld screen) with an active Ethernet cable.
!Important! Configure Nintendo Switch for internet delivery through Ethernet:
System Settings -> Internet -> Internet Settings -> Wired Connection. Select Connect to the Internet via Wired Connection.
Step 3: Avoid Using The AC Power Supply When Using As Handheld Console
Using the AC power supply will increase your exposure to AC electric fields and dirty electricity exposures. The following to options are recommended:
- Run Nintendo Switch console off of internal battery
- Connect a power bank (I like Anker power banks)
Step 4: Place Nintendo Switch in airplane mode.
- Press and hold the HOME Button for at least one second to access Quick Settings.
- From the Quick Settings screen, select Airplane Mode, then press A to activate it. To deactivate it, press A again.