Low EMF Setup For PS4
Tested using up to date PS4 Slim with Dualshock4 controller on April 22, 2020.
Want to learn more about reducing your exposure from other wireless devices? Click Here.
Step 1: Disable Wi-Fi On PS4
Both the settings below must be off to disable the Wifi emissions from the PS4.
- Hardwired Ethernet connection to PS4
- Settings -> Network -> Internet Connection -> Use Lan
- Disable PS Vita and PS TV Connections
- Settings -> Remote Play Connection Settings -> Connect Directly With PS Vita / PS TV -> Deselect.
Step 2: Disable Bluetooth On PS4 Console and Controllers
- Use USB connected controller(s) (tested with Dualshock 4 controller). There are two USB ports on the PS4 so if you plan on using 3 or 4 controllers you will have to use a USB hub (Google PS4 USB Hub).
- Settings -> Devices -> Controllers -> Communications Method -> Use USB
PS4 Super Low EMF Setup Special Notes
- PS4 Second Screen App requires Wi-Fi for the device using the app (not for the PS4).
- PS4 Remote Play App works over hardwired Ethernet connection to your cell phone or tablet. (See Wireless Devices Best Practices for more information).
Note there is a monetary wireless emission when the PS4 first starts up (200,000 uw/m2 peak) and when you first connect the controller (16 ,000 uW/m2). The super low EMF emissions from the PS4 after these momentary initializations are complete are the following:
- Radio Frequency Power Density: 1 uW/m2 peak
- Measured with meter resting on top of PS4 (Safe and Sound Pro II 650 MHz to 10 GHz)
- AC Magnetic Field: 1 mG RMS @ 1.5 feet
- Measured with NFA1000 3D Magnetic Fields (5 Hz to 1 MHz)
- Dirty Electricity: 54 GS Units
- Measured on the same outlet as PS4 using Stetzerier Meters